Automotive reporting for metro-Detroiters from the streets of metro-Detroit.

No gear-head, tech-babble here friends, just what you really want to know about a car before you sign your life away...or at least the next 36, 60, or 72 months of it.

I know you want style, comfort and fun. Moms, I know you don't drive a minivan because you want to! I'll tell you which cars will make your commute along 696 more comfortable, which ones are destined to become Dream Cruise favorites and which rides will keep your kids entertained so you don't have to.

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Ride: Lincoln MKT Elite, 3.7 liter

The Price: $52,180

The Pics - with video on how to access the third row!

Lincoln MKT is a tall (or long) glass o' water! It's so long, you almost wonder if you should stop after a turn to let the rear end catch up! No really, for the most part, the MKT's size was really convenient, allowing me the same seating capacity as a minivan with a load of extra luxury features you aren't likely to see in a minivan like heated AND cooled second row seating (optional).

That long-toothed grille will either impress or frighten you - at least that's what I got from my friends and family. The height of MKT confused me as it was easy to slip in and out of the drivers seat, but from said perch I felt elevated with a great view of the road.

Comfy seats and beautiful finishes fill the interior where brilliant shimmers caught my eye with every glance. I would actually look forward to getting into this car...it took care of me. A pretty important statement coming from an admittedly frazzled mom. Yep, MKT made me feel comfy, pampered, safe and sassy all at once.

Despite it's size, my MKT was fast!!! I caught myself squawking the tires doing a Michigan left onto Woodward Ave. - in front of a bunch of construction workers who looked at me as if they thought I was 'bout to run 'em over. "Sorry guys! It's the car, she's got spunk!"
Our absolute favorite feature of the MKT was the freezer/fridge in the second row center console. This thing was awesome and it really worked. My son loved putting his drinks in there and I daydreamed about all the options; family picnics, baby bottles, ice packs for soccer games, etc... it really opened the vehicle up to a variety of useful possibilities.








No comments:

Post a Comment