Automotive reporting for metro-Detroiters from the streets of metro-Detroit.

No gear-head, tech-babble here friends, just what you really want to know about a car before you sign your life away...or at least the next 36, 60, or 72 months of it.

I know you want style, comfort and fun. Moms, I know you don't drive a minivan because you want to! I'll tell you which cars will make your commute along 696 more comfortable, which ones are destined to become Dream Cruise favorites and which rides will keep your kids entertained so you don't have to.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The ride: 2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon V6 Premium Collection
The price: $51,215.00
The Pics
As much as I wanted to make paddy-wagon/Caddy-wagon references with this car – it just wasn’t happening. There was nothing prison-like about the CTS wagon – although, the combination of A and B pillars with the intermingling rear-view mirrors did make for an obstructed view possibly comparable to looking out from behind bars. Other than that, the ride in the CTS was immaculate. Comfortable and pretty and fun to be seen in because, despite the reputation of Cady’s being for older folks, the CTS wagon had a certain menacing look that oozed youthful appeal.
As I drove along curvy suburban streets with manicured boulevards, CTS felt right at home. The CTS also looked extremely fitting in front of the beautiful Shrine church on Woodward Ave., in Royal Oak. I was tempted to take CTS out of its comfort zone to pose artfully amongst run-down buildings, but she wasn’t having it.
CTS met the needs of my family; comfort, convenience and cargo-space for Mom, lots of leg-room and technology for Dad (my kids LOVED the DVD screen that rose and fell automatically when needed) and a mostly usable second row for the kids - albeit the lumpy bolsters were not necessary for my booster-bound boys. Those of you with infants in bulky car-seats are likely to struggle with the close-quarters and bolsters (not to mention the awkwardly placed LATCH connectors – you actually need to zip open the seating to reveal the LATCH hooks) in CTS…a fact that made me want to place CTS back in the older-crowd category.
In truth, I don’t know many people in their late 20’s or early 30’s that are ready to drop this kind of coin on a car anyways. Perhaps CTS prefers a more mature following…perhaps.
For more detailed info on the CTS, send me your comments, I’d be happy to chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment