Automotive reporting for metro-Detroiters from the streets of metro-Detroit.

No gear-head, tech-babble here friends, just what you really want to know about a car before you sign your life away...or at least the next 36, 60, or 72 months of it.

I know you want style, comfort and fun. Moms, I know you don't drive a minivan because you want to! I'll tell you which cars will make your commute along 696 more comfortable, which ones are destined to become Dream Cruise favorites and which rides will keep your kids entertained so you don't have to.

Friday, May 28, 2010

"Hey! Gimme a minivan!"


The pole has closed and the results are in for the, "do chicks dig minivans?" survey. Turns out, Moms are still the true saints of society as 45 percent of responders said they love minivans, but like most other things, they buy them for the kids. I too have been in the market for a minivan lately, primarily for the great deals available right now, but also because, well - appeasement works!
The problem I have found is those bells and whistles and up. If you long for auto-sliding doors, DVD-entertainment and comfy-leather chairs, be prepared to spike that monthly payment up.

Unfortunately for me, my budget still lingers in the bare-bones and slightly used territory so I doubt I will actually end up with a minivan to call my own, but I have developed a disgusting case of minivan envy. It's a really strong bout for sure because since I've been bitten I've learned apparently there is no antidote. No amount of vehicular-sexiness, horsepower or revved-up engine noise can tear the keys away from a person with minivan-itis!

Off to the clinic for me, antibiotics anyone???




No comments:

Post a Comment