Automotive reporting for metro-Detroiters from the streets of metro-Detroit.

No gear-head, tech-babble here friends, just what you really want to know about a car before you sign your life away...or at least the next 36, 60, or 72 months of it.

I know you want style, comfort and fun. Moms, I know you don't drive a minivan because you want to! I'll tell you which cars will make your commute along 696 more comfortable, which ones are destined to become Dream Cruise favorites and which rides will keep your kids entertained so you don't have to.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Date Night!


Date Night Pics!!!!!!

When my husband won tickets to see 30 Seconds to Mars via an 89X contest, images of the perfect date-night car began to swirl about in my brain. Excited by the prospect of a night out without the kids, I wanted something super-fun that could help me escape from my day-to-day Mommy-dom. It had to be hot, it had to be fast and it had to be built for two…hmmmm…

The Nissan 370Z it was and this dazzling number was a convertible to boot! Yeehaw! After attempting to go top-down in cold, gloomy weather that seemed insistent upon spitting on us, we realized defeat and put the top back up. Off we went to enjoy a peaceful dinner sans kids! Yippee!

Little did we know, God had another trick up his sleeve aside from the weather. As we sat down I quickly realized we were surrounded by not one, not two but 10 drooling, bald-headed babes! Can you hear God laughing??? I am not exaggerating either – ten kids, ten! I began to feel as though we were now in the Date Night movie, I was Tina Fey and hubby had transformed into Steve Carell.

Somehow we managed to turn the blind eye to all the toddler-trickery and found a way to enjoy the dinner. After eating, instead of heading straight to the concert, we ponied up that Z and headed straight back to our front door cuz stuff just doesn’t digest the way it used to and one person in our party needed to make a pit-stop. I will not name names, if you know us you already know which one of us had to make a lil’ potty before going out for the night.

Next we were back on I-75 headed to Detroit to take in the show at the Fillmore (eh-hem, State Theater). The Z turned heads all the way down Woodward Ave. and even caught a few compliments from the parking attendants. I asked hubby to get a picture of me in front of the Z – no offense hun, but photography is not your forte. At any rate, the pic is in the attached gallery, albeit missing the entire front end, oh well.

While waiting for the band, our age was really showing as we – seemingly for the first time even though as kids we had been there several times – remarked about the fan-flippin-tastic architecture and trim details inside the Fillmore – gorgeous!

After the show, Z got us home like a true chauffer. It wasn’t until the next day that my cousin told me the lead singer of 30 Seconds to Mars was none other than Jared Leto, the hottie heart-throb from My So Called Life (this is a show that was popular among apathetic teen sin the 90’s if you didn’t know)!!! Why didn’t anyone tell me this in advance? He was, in fact, still very adorable and man did could he sing! Ah well, I guess I am too old to have asked him to sign my boob anyway. I’ll certainly do a little more research though the next time date-night rolls around!

No comments:

Post a Comment