Automotive reporting for metro-Detroiters from the streets of metro-Detroit.

No gear-head, tech-babble here friends, just what you really want to know about a car before you sign your life away...or at least the next 36, 60, or 72 months of it.

I know you want style, comfort and fun. Moms, I know you don't drive a minivan because you want to! I'll tell you which cars will make your commute along 696 more comfortable, which ones are destined to become Dream Cruise favorites and which rides will keep your kids entertained so you don't have to.

Monday, March 22, 2010

We teach them young in my household! Before you take the R8 to cub scouts, you absolutely must scrub it down first. Can't be showin' off a dirty R8, that would be sacrilege!

But seriously, as a treat to my sons scout troop, I gave the boys a lesson in writing (booo!) by letting them ride in the R8 (yippee!) and then having them document their thoughts on the car. I absolutely love taking these cars and doing things with them no other automotive writer would or could - it makes me laugh. I also love being a woman and driving cars like the R8... just cuz. It shouldn't ruffle feathers, but it does...oh how it does.

So, the plan is to take some cars, match them up with unique places and events - the way a sommelier matches wine with a meal - and then to present the whole package to you. Sound good?

Mark your calendars - May 1st is fast approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment